More tips on energy-saving from FOMCA:
- Refrigerator coils must be vacuumed at least twice a year to keep the compressor running efficiently.
- 30% of cooled air will escape every time the refrigerator door is opened. The same rule goes for oven.
- Do not overload the refrigerator or freezer, cold air needs to circulate freely to keep food at the proper temperature.
- Place the refrigerator right so that it can automatically swing and shut the door. This will prevent wastage of energy if the door is left open.
- Refrigerator door seal must be checked. Place a One Ringgit bill and close the door. If you can pull the bill, you need to replace the gasket.