Monday, September 1, 2008

Ramadan

Ramadan is the time where Muslims around the world fast. Here is an interesting article on what it really means and how it is practiced around the world. I really enjoyed reading it.

Since yesterday, those in the city must have noticed the mushrooming of food stalls along the streets and several food bazaars. This is where you can find a variety of tempting traditional malay food & desserts, preparing the Muslims for breaking fast in the evenings and for us, non-Muslims, a chance to enjoy their truly delicious food & cakes.

Each year, I would at least visit these food bazaars once a week right after work to let my tastebuds go wild. However, this year, it will be a bit tough for me to make it in time as I usually finish work late and by the time I get home, they would have been all sold & closed for the day.

Maybe its a good sign - since I'm trying to lose some kgs??? Well, let's see if I can still stay away from them on a Sat evening!

No comments: