Monday, September 20, 2010

Extended Preschool Hours in 2011

We just got notice from Bryan's kindy that according to the Ministry of Education's new regulations, preschool hours have to be extended by one hour with effect from 2011. Is it the same at your kid's preschool?

Bryan goes to a Montessori kindy and they have 2 sessions a day. I can't recall what time the morning session starts but the second session starts at 11.45am till 2.45pm (so thats 3 hrs). With the new regulation extended to 4 hours, his session for 2011 will start at 12.15pm till 4.15pm!

Actually we are quite excited about this and it kinda fits our requirement better ... hehehe. You know why? Cos right now, our prince wakes up late and of course, to start with, he sleeps late lah. And he does need his afternoon nap. The moment he steps home, he gets changed and will ask for milk. Right after milk, he will automatically doze off in the sofa. So nap time is around 3.30pm till 5.30pm. With the nap in between, nights are torturous for us! We will all be trying to go to bed by 11pm (that's already considered late for me!) and he will still be very hyper with his badminton & tennis racquests asking for game after game!!! Aiyoh!

So with the new timing, our plan is to allow him to wake up late (he can sleep till 10.30am) and then prepare for school. If school finishes at 4.15pm, we reckon he'll reach home around 4.45pm and after a shower and a glass of milk, its time for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Channel 613 - hurray!!!! So that means, he wont have a chance to take a nap! And with that, we are hoping that his battery would run out no later than 10pm and then its PEACE for all of us ... woaah! Cant wait to embrace 2011!!!!!

9 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Ashley's school has started the 4-hour a day since January. I still think it's a bit too long for pre-schoolers. 3 hours are good enough because after all, they will have long hours once they start primary school :)

Ann said...

LOL...hope the new timing works well. So far we have not received such news. But my son is full day and he is in school by 8.15 am, so won't make much diff to us.

Bryan won't be cranky for dinner if no nap?

mNhL said...

If no nap, he will sleep early. Just like my son, he will sleep about 8.30 pm if did not take nap. If he does, I'm the one who is sleepy.

Vickylow said...

My girl kindy had extended the school hours since early of February. Ya normally if the kids skip nap then will sleep more early at nite.

Anonymous said...

Ails, I am now very head ache
Over the new timing. Cause my boy wakes up very early(7 or8am) so by 4.15 he would be miserably tired. I don't want him to sleep in late also.. So my dilemma now is should I switch my boy to morning session... So so much to think off

Anonymous said...

Ails, I am now very head ache
Over the new timing. Cause my boy wakes up very early(7 or8am) so by 4.15 he would be miserably tired. I don't want him to sleep in late also.. So my dilemma now is should I switch my boy to morning session... So so much to think off

ChloeRuoyi said...

Chloe's kindy also started the 4-hour session on the 1st day of school this year. Because of that, the kindy imposed a RM50p/m fee hike :(

LittleLamb said...

No difference for me cos philip is now on full day school.....so in a way, he spends more time with the school than me..

Alice Law said...

Errr... my girl also went to Montessori, her school starts earlier at 8:15am compared to before, at 8:30am!

Good for you!^-^