Let's say that with this recipe, I am confident of getting good results 100% of the time.
- 4 large eggs (abt 60gm each, weight with shell)
- 180 gm castor sugar
- 230 gm self raising flour
- 80 ml 100 Plus
- Grease a 8" round pan and prepare steaming tray.
- Whip eggs till light and frothy, abt 10 mins with hand mixer.
- Then gradually add sugar in say 3 batches, whip well each time.
- Slowly fold in flour in 3 batches, careful not to deflate the beaten eggs.
- Add in 100Plus and mix well.
- Pour into pan.
- In order to get an "x" on top, sprinkle sugar over the ready batter in "x" shaped line.
- Place pan in steamear when water is rapidly boiling.
- Shd be ready in abt 35 minutes but check for doneness before removing from steamer.
I have since made this 3 times for breakfast and each and every time, we enjoyed it thorougly especially the lil fart!!!! Its light and spongy and not overly sweet .. really good for whole day snacking too! Best of all, I dont need to crank up the oven in this ridiculously hot weather!