Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cars Edible Image Cake

Sharing with you an order I recently completed for another blogger mom (thanks Lynette!).   Glad she trusted me with this order and was thankful she also ordered some Teachers' Day cupcakes from me as well. 

Request was for a edible image Cars cake with the base cake in chocolate cheese.  Have you ever tried this combination on a cake?  Some are worried that 2 strong flavours may not compliment each other - but this is one good combination I tell ya!

















I felt that just adding on the edible image still seemed plain, so I decided to do a little banner to be hung over the cake.  Think & think and ended up with a banner like in the pics.   Does it look ok?

This is how it looks beneath all the decoration :D


















I really dont know how to explain the joy that cake baking & decoration gives me.   I remember clearly it all started from the day I ordered cupcakes for Bryan's fullmoon party (and that's 5 years ago!) and never got to venture hands-on until we moved to our own house 2 years ago.    Bought myself a built-in oven and my colleagues chipped in to buy me a KitchenAid stand mixer as a house-warming gift.  And the rest, as they say, is history :D

8 comments:

Cynful Pleasure said...

bravo! your skill polished up very well ah... :D

Family First said...

Thanks Cynthia. Trying to improve my skills with every cake I do lar.

LittleLamb said...

Nice. u want to take the challenge to do 3D Transformer? I m looking around.

Family First said...

Littlelamb, yet to venture into 2D cakes even, how to take your order ... hahaha.

Adrine said...

That's a very nice cake! The banner gives it a special touch too.

J, I must say that you are an inspiration to me. I remember that not too long ago, you were a newbie baker. Just look how far you've progressed!

I have just started my baking journey too. A slow one indeed (only have limited time during weekends)but I am enjoying each step and hope it will be a long and fulfilling journey. :)

Looking forward to see more of your creations.

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow...the cake is so beautiful. You are really talented.

Family First said...

Hi Adrine, yes indeed. Love the journey so far and cant wait to see your creations too. I also started out baking on weekends and at that time, most of then ended up in the bin. Still have a full time job, so my baking time is limited too. Wonder when I can bake full time .. hahaha.

Thanks Mummy Gwen.

Chinneeq said...

am so tempted to bake for qiqi's birthday but i m afraid i'll screw up everything last minute. any online tutorial to do that cake side pattern? wat is it called?