Friday, April 13, 2012

Chee Cheong Fun Sushi

Although I enjoy baking & cake decorating, Im totally hopeless when it comes to cooking.   My MIL used to ask me ... when are you going to cook some real food for my son?  LOL!   Well, after almost 7 yrs of marrying her son, she has stopped asking edi .. muahahaha.

We recently celebrated Bryan's 5th birthday with a small family dinner at home and I decided to try  my hand at assembling food.   I'm not good in cooking ma, so I assemble ready made food instead lor!  

Remember this from one of the blogs many moons back and here is a look at my try at it.   It's real easy to assemble food LOL!!

Just unroll a few rolls of CCF from your morning market, cut into strips whatever you'd like to fill it with and just roll.   For me, I made 2 versions as mom & I dont take seaweed.

Version 1 - seaweed, carrots, japanese cucumbers, immitation crabsticks + fresh salad and a dash of mayonaisse.

Version 2 - thinly pan fried eggs, carrots, japanese cucumbers, taiwanese sausages (fried them first) + fresh salad and a dash of mayonaisse. 

Do give it a try .. its pretty easy and actually, looks quite attractive on the dinner table too :)

3 comments:

Cynful Pleasure said...

wah.. nice idea... will do this whenever I got the time... :D

ChloeRuoyi said...

Great idea! They look very attractive and appetizing. Will try it soon :)

MeRy said...

looks yummy..