Monday, December 28, 2009

A really nice X'Mas gathering!

I am glad the night turned out well. My first x'mas dinner was not fantastic (food wise) but boleh tahan lah. Almost 3/4 kena sapu habis and therefore, not too much leftovers.

Not much time for pics but here's sharing with you what I managed to capture.

Below is the kinda-miserable turkey we ordered. Initially, when I went to pick it up, I was disappointed that it turned out so small. But during dinner, I was glad it was just the right size. I saved some meat and the bones for an awesome turkey porridge to come!



And here is the duck bruchetta that my great old pal helped me with! So thankful for his help. It turned out great! My SIL is asking for the recipe!





Prepared the salad in the afternoon and kept it chilled. Only poured the dressing over about dinner time. Sauteed some broccoli with ham too, for those we dont take fresh vege. I liked thi salad a lot. Next round, should add more nuts for a crunchy bite!




I tried being a bit creative and used my bento cutter to make some x'mas tree shaped watermelon. But I could not stomach the wastage that comes with this method. So I improvised and made "bigger" trees instead! Do you like it?



This is the konnyaku jelly I made the night before. Taste wise was at the right level of sweetness and texture wise, was quite ok. I shall keep to this recipe of 850ml of water + 220 gm sugar to 1 packet of konnyaku jelly. Its perfect for me.


Sad that I dont have any pics of my prawn mango wanton! And the warm spaghetti that mom helped dish out! And no pics of my warm brownie nor my ribena cheesecake! Or the lychee fizzy .. aiyoh!

This is my first experience at hosting a dinner. And I am glad it went quite ok. So more sessions in Year 2010!!!!



12 comments:

LittleLamb said...

glad to hear that everythign went well.. lucky didnt over-do..cos if u did it too much, u will be eating xmas food for a week....

Ann said...

What struck me was RIBENA CHEESECAKE?? What is the world is that?

All the other goodies look delicious!!!

Lee said...

Hi, wow! Can see you have a Black belt in cooking. That turkey looks just nice. Can get the lovely smell here, ha ha.
There is nothing more appealing on this planet than a beautiful wife and mother cooking for her loved ones.

Here's wishing you and family the very best of Seasons greetings, have a happy new year, stay young, stay beautiful and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

Vickylow said...

Good job to you...your watermelon look so cute.

mommy to chumsy said...

yummy food :) err..the turkey looks like a chicken eh? :D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Family First said...

hahahaha MTC, you are right! That was what crossed my mind too, its like a large chicken only.

2L2M.... said...

well, still the same breed right?? only called "fire" chicken ma....hahaha. Well, I guess everything turned out to be well. Next time will be even more pro :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

Eh, I like your Christmas tree watermelon leh, the improvised ones. Very nice and practical. Pandai lah u :-) Sounds like a very nice gathering cos everything looked good!

mun said...

The dinner must have been fantastic with the delicious food. I am salivating just by looking at the photos. A very good dinner for a first timer host.

Thanks for commenting on my post. Strange? Maybe but as a mother, you are bound to want the best food for your son and who can do it better than yourself, as the food is cooked with lots of tender loving care and love. :)

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

everyone looked and sound awesome! dang, u are so rajin, woman!

happy new yr!

coffeesncookies said...

WELL DONE ~ yr spread looks yummy. i think you'll be hosting more dinners at yr new place ya ?

2ma said...

ribena cheesecake??? i wonder how it taste???