Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year Celebration Cuppies

Having had a really joyous Christmas dinner with turkey and all, we settled for a quiet New Year's eve. The after-dinner cleaning that week was quite torturous you know! But thank god for SIL's maid and Moi Cheh (my confinement nanny when I had Bryan - yeah, we keep in touch!) they helped me with the cleaning the dishes, etc. Was sooo glad!

Mom was cooking the usual home dinner for New Year's Eve but I suggested to her to cook an extra dish cos I had in mind to invite my MIL, SIL & BIL over again for dinner. They are getting the house painted for the CNY and the kitchen was in a mess, so I thought, why not invite them over again for a homely meal. After all, it is New Year's eve.


On New Year's Day, I got a bit bored when Bryan was having his afternoon nap. I decided to embark on a cup cake making journey. It's a journey I have never been before. The ingredients are simple and the method is pretty simple too, so why not give it a try. So off I went into meddling with icing sugar for the first time in my entire life!!!!

Guess what? I think I just was soooo proud of myself! The texture of the cupcake was almost perfect. It taste no different from those that I used to buy from. I was beaming with glee! Icing was good too! It was easy to whisk into form and easy to work with (no melting).

The only down side of this all was my skills lah. I mean, this is the first time ever I am making my own icing, no proper tools, nothing. I used by butter knife to slather a bit of the icing over the cuppies, threw in some sprinkles and topped it with some store-bought flower icing.

I made a total of 14 cuppies. 2 went into hub's tummy right after. I had 2 too *wink*. 4 went to MIL's house that same night. 2 more for my mom & sis the next day. Hubby whacked another 2 more the next day and so did I.

3 comments:

Vickylow said...

So will making CNY cookies?? keke

LittleLamb said...

oooo hubby is happy that kitchen is worth the money....ehehhe so cook n bake more.... bring more "ong"

2L2M.... said...

wah...pan lai la u....hehehe.