Friday, June 29, 2012

Ombre Daisy Cupcake

There was a wave of rainbow cakes and now its the ombre wave!   After seeing some really good designs on line, I decided to venture on one with my very own daisy designed cupcake, albeit a simpler design.

















Customers usually do have a theme in mind.  That makes it easier for me to propose designs of a similar theme.   Most of the time, they allow me a freehand on what I can come up with.  

There is also the other half of my customers who dont have a specific occasion and just want to order a box for tea or to be shared with family and friends.   I love working with this group cos it gives me the flexibility to explore new designs that I have never attempted before.   This is when the ombre daisy came into mind.   I think this batch is suitable for any occasion, even CNY!!

I'm hoping to venture into fondant work in the near future, especially on fondant covered cakes and figurine moulding.   Mom was telling me .. what so difficult, just roll out the fondant and put over the cake la .. hahaha wish it was that easy Mom :D




3 comments:

Cynful Pleasure said...

good work! may you have more 'adventure' to try out the skills ya.. I am out of fondants, never like it..

Small Kucing said...

Hmm...needs a lot of patience to do it.

Vickylow said...

Very nice and beautiful pinkish cupcake.