Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kek Lok Si Temple, Air Itam, Penang

MIL and SIL wanted to see Kek Lok Si Temple.   The last time they visited Penang was close to 10 years ago, so this is a must-see place for them.   For me, I think I must have visited it almost 15 years ago cos I hardly come here when I am in Penang. 

Other than the large kuan yin status (which was pitifully "downgraded") cos I heared it was so massive in size that the authorities had to ask them to bring it down, the most exciting part was actually getting up there to see the status.   You can drive your car all the way up but we took the inclined lift.  Why?  Cos we are tourist ma.  Have to spend some tourist dollars la .. hahahaha.

The first thing that attracted me in this temple .. was its ceiling!  The designs were so beautiful!  Reminds me so much of my visit to the Vatican City ... enjoying the designs in the ceiling sampai neck also pain .. hahaha.





Aren't they really really beautiful?  I really enjoyed the few minutes of peace I had inside the temple enjoying this.



This picture above of me and Bryan ... now I see clearly how his features are so much like mine ..kekekeke.  Sorry hubby :D


A cute moment of bryan and the "stoned" puppy.  Haha. 
The above is the view from the inclined lift going down back to the ground level.  Its just probably a 2-3 minute journey.  You get to see the newly built monk monastries on the way.   The inclined lift cos RM4 for 2-way journey for adults and RM2 for kids 7-12 years old.  So it was free for Bryan la.  Should have sent him up and down for few more rounds since he enjoyed it so much ..  hahahaha.



3 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Wow, it looks so quiet compared to the time when we went there during Chinese New Year. I hope you don't mind my adding my link here but I just want to show you how it looks then. It is beautiful at night with all the lights during Chinese New Year Kek Lok Si Temple

Mumsgather said...

I forgot to add, your pictures of the ceilings are beautiful, it was so crowded when we went, I didn't manage to look up. Haha.

Family First said...

Thanks MG. Yes I know during CNY is really lit up beautifully at night.