Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What would you have done?

I visited a department store last week looking out for some bargains since I had some cash vouchers with me that will be expiring soon.

I spotted towels at a very good price and decided to purchase 2 pieces. These 2 pieces are of the exact same size and of the same brand but of different quality, hence the price was also different. The first piece I chose was only at RM29.90 and the 2nd piece with a much better quality was at RM59.90. I told my Mom to place it on the counter while I took the brat to the kids section to see if I could find more DVDs for him.

When I returned, the cashier was ready to punch in my purchase. She took the first piece and tried to locate the price tag. The tag was accidentally folded inside the towel by the store assistant who attended to me earlier. The cashier searched and searched and finally found the price tag folded inside the large piece of towel. She scanned it in. Then for the 2nd piece, she assumed that it was the same price and just scanned the first tag again .. meaning it was RM29.90 x 2 and charged me RM59.80 instead of RM89.80

For a brief moment, I rejoiced! Then I asked myself if I should inform her. Then I said, forget it - its not my fault. She was just too lazy to look for the price tag in the 2nd piece! And so yes, I did the evil thing not to inform her! Evil me! Yes! But its still not my fault!

What would you have done?

18 comments:

Josephine said...

If I were you I wont tell one loh...
shshshshh......

No one knows geh!!!

hehehehe...

But at the end, I will feel guilty like you as well...

Joanna Tang said...

I done that too, actually me & friend bought 1 pant each, with a branded shirt of my bf cost around RM109++, but the cashier only punched in the prices for 2 pants only, which is around RM59.80, i actually realised it on the spot, but the evil side of me, stopped me from informing the cashier, then i walked off, i feel guilty for at least a week lah.. hehe!

Vickylow said...

Haha shh... tell no one ok :)

MeRy said...

If i were u, i will keep quiet too coz it is really not ur fault o...tat's the cashier who is making a mistake.

LittleLamb said...

it happened to me before. n i did inform the cashier. and i still went home paying cheaper..... the cashier didnt change the pricing. in fact they honor their mistake and placed customers first. n guess what...it happen in JAPAN and not in Malaysia...ahahhaha

slavemom said...

As long as the cashier doesn't hv to be responsible for the mistake (pitiful mah, if they hv to pay for the difference), I'd keep quiet too. hehehe But the angel n demon will definitely be fighting a bit internally b4 walking away from the counter.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

same as little lamb, it happened to me before too. not once or twice but a few times! twice the cashiers (diff ppl, diff stores) told me "takpe lah kak.." so i went home paying cheaper ;) the other time i think the cashier did correct the price but got a scolding frm her supervisor. so.... i cant quite figure out if i did the right thing for her!

Irene said...

i will walked away too... but with guilt inside me! hahaha... as slavemom put it, the angel & demon will come out to play in our heads!

Family First said...

How strange, I did feel the "angels vs demon" thing while walking away. Then it all went away. And now after posting this up, I feel it all over again inside me .. aiyoh.

mommy to chumsy said...

err...i would tell her cos i am afraid of karma. Not trying to scare you lah but it's just me ;)

JPP Papa said...

Alamak... how come my place here the cashier never fault one.LOL.

i 'probably' keep quiet too.. especially if after buying big purchase... sssshhh.

Yeah, i bet the angel vs demon thing will be fighting internally for a long time.

PapaJoneh.

Rose world said...

never mind, dont tell the cashier. I encounter once when I went to KL to purchase national flags. Bought 12 pieces (6 pieces in a plastic bag). The cashier didnt check, just punch in prices for 2 flags. Me and ex-colleague walked out happily and quietly! hahaha!

Charmaine said...

I wouldn't say anything. After all, it's her mistake.

2ma said...

it depends on the cashier's attitude & of course the amount involved. besides that, it also depends on my mood as well if i want to be honest *hehe*

HN said...

I would have done the same lar, hehe :P

Ann said...

I would have REJOICED ! hahahaha....same argurment...it is their fault, they should have checked!

coffeesncookies said...

i would have walked away, happy but guilty too. There were instances i was cheated of price in supermarkets. Charged me higher price and with a long shopping list, how could i possibly check all ? BUT if a stall owner undercharged me, I would not take it coz a few RM means a lot their entire days profit.

Kristie said...

if i follow my head, i will just keep quiet and pay up and walk away.

but if i follow my heart, i will be honest, cos u never know if the cashier has to pay for the difference later on? Maybe he/she is from a poor family, just earning a living?

but anyway, it's over :)