Thursday, February 12, 2009

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

This must be one of the most easiest cake recipes I have ever attempted. It is a perfect recipe for bake-dummies like me *grin*. In fact, it was sooo easy that I actually doubt it will work. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a try since I had an hour to spare at mom's place and mom willingly took care of the brat while I prepared the ingredients to bake.


Ingredients

3/4 cans of a large condensed milk tin
4 eggs, lightly beaten before pouring into dry ingredients
120gm of self-raising flour
50gm butter, melted & cooled

Method

  • Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 8in round pan.
  • Pour all ingredients together into a bowl and mix well. I used a hand-held mixer to bring it all together for 2-3 mins or so.
  • Pour into pan and bake for abt 30-40 mins or till cooked. Test with skewer for doneness.
  • Remove from oven and rest on wirerack to cool.
Some suggest that you sprinkle with some icing sugar while its hot but I omitted that. This cake is just mildly sweet as there is no sugar but just some condensed milk. If you still prefer it sweet like any other cakes, do try dusting the ready cake with icing sugar.

While baking, nothing happened for the first 20 minutes. I thought that most probably, this will go into the bin (just like a few other recipes that I have previously tried) but surprise .. surprise .. it raised well during the last 10 minutes and I managed to finish baking it at just the right time at the right doneness *smile*.

I only had one decent shot of the cake. Hubby commented that I always take the same shot of my cakes for my blog. So I decided to try another shot. Not being a pro at photography and on top of that, photo was taken at night, so please excuse me for a bad picture. The rest of the pictures were just blurrrr.....

If you are looking for an easy recipe without much fuss and simple ingredients, this is it!

8 comments:

Vickylow said...

Thanks for sharing. It look nice and yummy.

Josephine said...

Maybe can add some lemon juice.
Then it will taste like Lemon cake.

p/s: just my opinion

Fussy mum said...

It's a pretty easy recipe, thanks for sharing it here. :)

VG said...

Jo, two of my fav food. I must try the recipe.

Also, My son thanks you for his birthday wishes.

BTW, your son is not ok ~ he is dashing!!! Watch out for all the girls, I say.

Constance Chan said...

this sounds delicious! i love condensed milk so i'll try this too.

Little Inbox said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. I love baking too, but I just know how to make butter cake, banana cake and steamed layer cake.

http://loveiscolorful.blogspot.com/

allthingspurple said...

wow..thanks for sharing this !! I love love simple recipes. Nothing but easy for this girl.haha. will try this over the weekend !!

2ma said...

yummy cake!

i have an award for you. do check it out http://jas2share.blogspot.com/2009/02/theresome-award.html