Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chicken Rice - $30

Do you fancy paying for a RM30 chicken rice???? Well, last year I got a shock when I first bought this for my office lunch!

I don't know if its the price that made me biased but when I tasted it for the very first time, I felt it was no better than the RM3.50 ones you get from the chinese stalls. However, after a few times savouring it, I must say it does indeed taste good.

I must highlight that this chicken rice is served by a 5 star hotel in the city centre. I usually do a take-away for office meetings and most of my guests quite like it. Some even take 2 portions in one sitting! Due to the location of my office, there are limited chinese food available in the vicinity, so the hotel's coffee house is the best choice - and the easiest too!

8 comments:

Vickylow said...

wow such a expensive chicken rice.

Josephine said...

How's the quality and quantity?

Family First said...

Quality is pretty good and quantity is normal portion only la.

PG CakeCraft said...

hi, visited ur blog via VG's. U paid Rm30 for a plate of chicken rice? i'm not suprised coz i paid Rm28.00 for a plate of nasi lemak at a hotel in Batu Feringghi. yes, i agree with u about the portion too. these hotels r over charging us & guess we hve to pay the price 4 being affluent.

PG CakeCraft said...

btw, i also want to wish u & ur family a happy & auspicious Deepavali.

Lee said...

Hi, nice blog you have. Was reading your previous blog re waiting for hubby or he waiting for you.
My wife doesn't drive, and since the day I knew then met her I have been waiting...when she shops.

But I don't mind actually, I buy papers, find a coffee corner, she goes check out the shoe stores whatever...
while I read my papers, one eye admiring the miniskirts walking by.

Recently I waited for an o/seas visitor, she had popped into La Vie En Rose....I sat outside on the sofa....3 hours!!! Yes, you read that right, 3 hours!
She was trying, looking, touching, whatever...I read my papers back to front and back again....
of course that was the first and last time...she did not get my, 'come back soon' at the airport, ha ha.
You have a nice day and keep well, best regards, Lee.

LittleLamb said...

wow......
maybe u need to bento or ta pau food to work already..

but for me, i rather dont eat.

Constance Chan said...

ya some ppl charge way high for some premium quality food. singapore itself has a very popular one in Chatter box, Mandarin Hotel in Orchard Road. For decades their chicken rice has been talk of the town..

Another expensive item is the $25 fried rice with crab meat. Be prepared to wait hours for it..hehehe